Thursday, June 21, 2012

An honor...

One month from today I'll be pacing a runner who I have tremendous respect for at one of the most prestigious ultra-marathons in the country. (Prestige-a word that you don't often hear in the shit-kicking and mud stomping world of ultrarunning- applies to this event in every way.)
The race, one of the original 100 mile runs in the USA and part of the Grand Slam Series of Ultrarunning, is The Vermont 100 Mile Endurance Run.

The runner is my friend and Trail Monster Running team mate Jeremy Bonnet. Jeremy is an accomplished ultra-marathoner who I've had the pleasure to race with, train with, and get to know over the past several months as we prepared for our respective races at the Peaks Ultra (me the 50 and Jeremy the 100).

Jeremy maintains the excellent blog Run Efficient where he posts his training log and thoughts on trail running. A highly recommended addition to anyone's blog roll.

Grateful to Jeremy for letting me share this experience with him. Only hope that I can do him justice as he makes his way to the finish line of the VT100.

No comments:

Post a Comment