Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sweet Potatoes and Bacon...

Sunday morning is the only day of the week that I have time to cook an official breakfast. Since making the switch to a Paleo diet I've found this to be the most (and really the only) challenging meal to attack without gluten, grains, or soy products in the arsenal. I needed something that vibes well with a strong, dark cup of morning coffee and feels like a breakfast. This morning I came back from my first run in almost a month with an appetite and here's what I came up with...

Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Blueberries, and Bacon

1 small sweet potatoes
1 medium apple
1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
Nature's Place Hickory Smoked Bacon
2 tbsp Almond Butter
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees

Slice cooked sweet potato into 1'4" thick rounds, slice apple into quarter's, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 20-25 minutes

I fried the bacon in coconut oil, added a spread of almond butter to the baked sweet potatoes and apples, and poured a cup of Matt's Organic Coffee making for one exceptionally aromatic kitchen and a satisfying breakfast all around.

1 comment:

  1. Egg cupcakes/muffins are a delicious and easy breakfast. Load them with veggies and you have a paleo meal with a great macronutrient balance. I can send you guidelines for baking, you add the ingredients you like.

    ReplyDelete